Well my first three days of working alone went well. Nothing went wrong. I was also fairly productive: I cleaned the carnivore kitchen, scrubbed and refilled the coati and red wolf pools, raked the leaves from a maned wolf enclosure, weed-whacked maned wolf holding pens and the area around wolf circle, and dug up a cactus that was in the way. I managed to not get poked while removing and transporting the cactus, but later I found a bunch of cactus hairs (they still hurt!) on the underside of my shirt. So, for the past couple of hours I've been removing random cactus hairs from my belly, chest, and hands. Awesome.
On last Thursday, my first day working here, I helped crate and then carry a cheetah for a move. I sat in the back of the pick-up truck next to the crated cheetah and held on to it to make sure the crate didn't slide around. The cheetah's name was Sunshine and she was being moved to our cheetah facility on the hill. There is a male up there that they want her to breed with. How many people have been able to sit in the back of a truck with a cheetah?
Inglourious Basterds was a fantastic movie!
FYI, my address:
c/o Fossil Rim Wildlife Center
2155 County Road 2008
Glen Rose, TX 76043
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment