Saturday, September 12, 2009

Rainy Day

I haven't been able to write much lately because I did not have internet for a while.  They moved us from the cottage to the actual intern house, which is located inside the park.  This house is not as nice as the other one, but I do have more space and actual desk in my room.  The other two guys' rooms are on the other side of the house, which is great because I like having my space.  They aren't the cleanest of people.  I prefer to have things my way and I think I'm just totally done with having roommates... The first night in this house, something was either crawling on the roof in the ceiling.  I'm guessing it was a raccoon.  Either way, it was LOUD!  It hasn't really happened since, and I am glad about that!

Today and yesterday have been extremely rainy.  It has rained non-stop both boys.  It sucks because most of the work I do here is outside.  So I have not been able to get much done.  Yesterday I spent a lot of time inside cleaning the kitchen and a room of the clinic.  At the end of my day, today, I was feeding the animals and I parked my vehicle to get out.  When I came back to get in the vehicle, I realized it had sunk in the mud and was stuck.  So, I had to radio someone to come help me get out of the mud.  I was SO WET, SO MUDDY, and cold.  It was a blast!

As I mentioned in my previous post, I work with the wolves 4 days a week and the cheetahs one day a week.  Well, I feel like one day a week working with cheetahs is not enough to learn as much as I'd like about them.  So, I spoke to one of my supervisors about it and they had a meeting to work out my schedule.  I might be switching my days off so that I can work an extra day with the cheetahs.  Also, they've offered me the chance to work on a cheetah research project while I'm here.  Someone out of the National Zoo in D.C. is doing a study and I will collect data from some of our cheetahs here and send it out to them.  It sounds like a pretty good opportunity to spend some time up on Cheetah Hill and to network with other people and maybe gain some references.

No comments: